Looking for your next career move?
Find your place at Traffi
We're looking for hard-working, creative people to join our team and help us on our journey to become the hand protection specialists.
Want to lend a hand? Search our current open positions!
Traffi are on a mission
Our goal is to reduce workplace hand injuries and help companies to save money.
The importance of your hands can't be overstated, so it goes without saying that everyone deserves the best in hand protection. That's why we always go the extra mile.
PUSHING TOGETHER IN THE SAME DIRECTION
The Traffi team work closely together; we all pitch in and make a real difference.
Every day brings new challenges and every day we work together, as guided by our five core values, to solve them.
We also have a lot of fun: team building days, BBQs, bake-offs and lots of laughing!
INVESTORS IN PEOPLE
We believe that it's the staff that make the business, which is why we do our best to make sure every employee feels supported and fulfilled during their time with us.
By joining our team, you'll get to enjoy:
- A paid volunteer day
- Learning and development
- Flexible working
- Car allowances
- Bonus schemes for all departments
Key Account Manager
Salary: Up to 55k package
Location: Field base
Primarily field based this role is to improve the Company’s market position in order to create financial growth. This is achieved through identifying new business opportunities, building new and existing customer relationships, closing new business deals, and developing extensive knowledge of current and future market conditions & products, in line with the Company’s strategic goals. KAMs are also required to ensure existing customers stay satisfied and positive, as well as identifying opportunities for future sales expansion; this requires discussions with customers’ on their future business needs, as well as making presentations on solutions and services that will meet or predict their clients’ future requirements. Overall responsibility to deliver a sales target & submit sales reports to the Head of Sales & Marketing in a timely fashion.
Role and responsibilities:
- Prospect for new clients through networking, research, cold calling or other means to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities
- Plan for and develop viable business opportunities
- Work with senior management to develop the growth strategy
- Have a keen eye for detail, with respect to identifying and reporting on sales trends
- Build new customer relationships to deliver significant business growth in line with the company’s overall sales strategy
- Research and stay up to date on the Company’s strategic goals, products and services
- Research and stay up to date on the market and competitors’ products and services
- Work with all other Traffiglove departments as required
- Attend an acceptable number of external sales meetings to deliver your required sales growth
- Participate in producing attractive quotations and business bids to maximise sales
- Handle objections and work through differences to close and bring discussions to a positive conclusion
- Present new products and services to existing customers, ideally at senior level
- Work with internal technical departments to identify solutions to meet customer needs and follow this through with the product development team
- Be aware of your customers changing demand requirements at all times. Feeding this information back to our procurement teams, so that we plan effectively for anticipated product consumption
- Attend industry events likely to present market/competitor updates and opportunities to identify new prospects. Represent the company at any relevant trade shows / exhibitions as required
- Identify and contribute to opportunities to develop new products, sales/marketing campaigns, company USP or new channels of supply likely to lead to growth
- Submit regular progress reports, tracking account activity that achieves targets to National Sales Manager
- Provide timely updates on activity levels
- Maintain pipe drive regularly, so the business may rely on its data to make meaningful business decisions
- You will be required to achieve an acceptable level of Pipedrive/pipeline metrics as agreed with your line manager
- Anything else as reasonably requested
Key attributes & skills
- An absolute passion for hitting and exceeding sales targets
- Sound appreciation of how a business functions, possibly supported by a business qualification
- Appreciation of strategic planning and financial processes
- Strong account management and relationship building skills
- Good networking and research skills
- Comfortable with presenting and public speaking
- Use a variety of styles to persuade and negotiate effectively with different customers
- Ability to plan own, and co-ordinate others’, work towards an agreed deadline
- Strong product, competitor and market knowledge
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A positive attitude key to success
- Highly self-motivated and able to manage own activity to an acceptable level
- Inspires team and acts as role model
- Represents company in a professional manner and appearance
- Computer literate using Outlook, MS Office and have an appreciation of CRM systems
- Willing to travel frequently in designated region or sales territory which may include staying away overnight